COLOMBO OPEN GPS
Columbus is a free gps navigator open source project, that works like a client interface for Android System Google Maps Navigator adding several features to it.
Actually the Colombo GPS Open project main interface supports only Italian and US Languages, but it can work worldwide, as long as it uses Google Navigation online Maps resources.
MAIN FEATURE: In the field, where state, city and address, are asked, you can ignore the first two, and in the field ADDRESS you can put whatever you want: pizza, bank, car repair, my friend tina and whatever you like…and just watch THE MAGIC!
Basically, with Colombo you can do the same things you can do with your system gps navigation, but with some features added:
– Faster gps fix
– Faster access to map and address data
– Pre-load destination address like in a common gps navigators interface
– Manage destination address in independant way from data connection and gps alignment
– Store destinations as favorite address
– Save your favorite address, and manage it’s archive in intuitive way.
– Backup your favorite point of interest, and recover them later.
– Using Google Maps to locate several POI in near area, like Camping, Parking, Police, Hospitals, Restaurants, Movies and Stores, and drive there.
– Pre-load and edit favorite addresses offline, and access them in a second time, when you are online and gps aligned
– Use the wonder of Google navigation with some extended features.
– More to come..
Please, if you like it, keep it installed on your Android Phone, and you will be notified automatically when an update is available.
+++++THE BIG FAQ+++++
CAN I NAVIGATE OFFLINE?
Many user asked me the same question: Is possible to use Colombo totally OFFLINE? The answer is..it depends on where you are located and the chance you have to put Google Maps of your area offline.
This software is intended “as-is”, without any warranty, as EULA described.
Screen size bug fix